Giving back to the community has always been very important to me. Throughout the year, I try to offer my services and support to many different initiatives.
In the past I have mentioned Operation Love Reunited, an AMAZING charity that I’m privlidged to support. I still get overcome with emotion everytime I think back to being part of when our military depart or come back home to their families from a tour of duty.
I have also volunteered for several races in the past, such as the IOA 5K in downtown Orlando. Later this year, I will announce more details about my involvement in a fantastic worldwide charity called Help Portrait.
So, when I got a call a few weeks back from the East Orlando Kiwanis asking for my assistance, I was very happy to participate. They are having an inaugural Family 5k for The Kids, on Sunday May 22, 2011 at 8 a.m. with the proceeds benefitting the East Orlando Kiwanis charitable operations.
I will be the official event photographer for this event at Waterford Lakes which consist of both a 5K Run/Walk as well as a Kids Fun Run. It’s for a great charity and the weather is supposed to be beautiful on Sunday morning. So, I encourage you to support this cause and come out to this event!
For more details or to register online, visit eockiwanis.blogspot.com.
Some of the areas that the East Orlando Kiwanis support include:
- Elementary Schools
- 8 K-Kids Clubs at Andover, Arbor Ridge, Cypress Springs, Riverdale, Sunrise, Union Park, Waterford, and Cub Scout Pack 59
- Terrific Kids programs at 8 schools
- Teacher of the month Programs at 14 schools
- Middle Schools
- 5 Builders Clubs at Corner Lake, Discovery, Legacy, Odyssey, and Union Park
- High Schools
- 2 Key Clubs at East River and University
- 1 CKI at the University of Central Florida
- Adults with Disabilities
- 2 Aktion Clubs in Apopka & Winter Park